The structure of New York City and Long Island is such that very often city government agencies have a strong say in development and construction.
When policy is determined, we advocate for the inclusion of labor standards, job training, prevailing wage requirements on publicly subsidized developments, apprenticeship programs, and other guidelines.
We work diligently to make sure the following agencies create good, safe jobs:
- New York City Housing Preservation and Development
- New York City Housing Development Corporation
- New York City Economic Development Corporation
- New York City Housing Authority
- Industrial Development Authorities (IDAs)